Cover Letter: In your cover letter, provide responses to the following inquiries:
a) Name of the facility/s, in no order of preference, for which you are applying (Franconia, Shirlington, Centreville, Manassas, Herndon, Fairfax, Worldgate, etc) b) What do you wish to gain though participation in this clinical residency? c) What areas of expertise you possess that you feel would contribute to the growth in clinical skills of the other participants in this residency? d) What are your future plans in the area of orthopedic physical therapy?
Curriculum Vitae: Please include the following information in this portion of the document:
- Personal data (e.g., name, email address, mailing address, phone number)
- Academic education (e.g., undergraduate, professional, and post professional education)
- Clinical education (e.g., clinical residency, continuing professional education)
- Description of clinical experiences. Please include the following information, if pertinent, for each organization in which you have performed direct patient care: Name, address and phone number of the facility, name of your clinical supervisor (if any) or supervisor, type of facility, job description, date employed (or dates of residency), description of patient load, description of any clinical supervision or mentoring, time period (in hours) involved in direct patient care. The total number of hours at a particular facility can by calculated by using the following formula: Total hours = (number of hours per week) x (number of weeks per year) x (number of full time years).
- Other relevant information such as research, teaching and/or community service experiences.
Two Letters of Recommendation Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Academic education
- Clinical education and mentoring experiences
- Clinical experience in orthopedic physical therapy
- Research experience
- Community Service
The Jackson Clinics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and disability or health status. Minimal eligibility requirements for acceptance into the program include:
- Licensure as a Physical Therapist by the Physical Therapy Board Virginia
- Comply with all Jackson Clinics employment requirements
Desirable applicants include those who...
- Has past experience in leadership positions and has a strong desire to be a leader within the company, and most importantly the profession.
- Completed an extended internship or externship under the direct clinical supervision of a Clinical Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy.
- Possess superior verbal and written communication skills. Have experience in data collection, analysis, and publication.
- Possess strong fundamentals in the principles of clinical reasoning and the application of manual examination and treatment procedures.
There is no official application deadline for the 2015 Residency Program. We are currently taking applications and conducting interviews. Space is VERY limited, so be sure to apply as soon as possible to maximize your chance of acceptance for our 2015 Residency program. We will fill these spaces on a rolling basis as superior applicants become available. It is ideal for you to begin employment as a staff therapist within our organization prior to the residency start date of January 1st . This is not a requirement, but a suggestion. The Jackson Clinics is proud of the staff orientation process we have for all employees, and we encourage our residents to go through this before starting the residency. This includes an intensive 2 week Boot Camp to acclimate the new team member to our evaluation forms and our systems, as well as our new staff mentoring program. Good luck, and we look forward to hearing from you!