About elbow, wrist and hand pain: The elbow, wrist and arm, along with the hand and fingers, allow the body to perform a vast range of activities. It is important to ensure their health by taking care of these extremities and being aware whenever pain is present.
Pain in these areas can be caused by various injuries or health conditions and may be accompanied by bruising and swelling. These may include:
- Acute injuries or trauma (e.g., sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations)
- Arthritis (e.g., osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis)
- Repetitive motion disorders (e.g., bursitis, tendinitis, tennis elbow)
- A nerve problem (e.g., pinched nerve, carpel tunnel syndrome, and complex regional pain syndrome)
- Infection of a joint, bone or bursa (e.g., osteomyelitis)
- Referred pain from the neck, shoulder, chest or another part of the body
- Post surgical pain and restricted mobility
If you have pain in the elbow, wrist or hand or limitation of strength or movement we may be able to help. Schedule an appointment with one of our therapists.
Elbow/Wrist/Hand Program: Treating the extremity joints requires an intimate knowledge of anatomy and joint mechanics. The rehabilitation of the elbow, wrist or hand follows the same treatment principles, regardless of the joint involved. There are many conditions that can be causing your symptoms. Our rehab program will be tailored to your specific problem and will include the following: